Friday, March 28, 2008

Out with TC4, in with DWTS!

OK, I've made an executive decision here. Instead of doing a weekly recap of Top Chef, I'm going to do one of Dancing with the Stars. I may make reference to TC, but it's easier to talk about the stars than the cheftestants that no one knows. The review of the first elimination round will be forthcoming very soon.

So what else is new? Earth Hour is tomorrow. The Hubs and I are planning to go out early to celebrate the booking of our trip to Peru by going to an authentic Peruvian restaurant not too far from us. Ya know, that's what I love about Chicago...one can find an authentic Peruvian restaurant, run by a Peruvian immigrant, so you know he's going to be serving the real thing, not just an Americanized version, like I think so many Chinese restaurants are. Where do you find something like that in Bumblehoot, Iowa? We'll be going out early enough to get home in time to turn off a lot of the things in the house that use electrical energy. I don't think I'll unplug the clock radio...too much of a pain to reset the time.

And then on Sunday, I'll be going out to Afternoon Tea with the ladies *said with pinky held high* at one of the posh downtown hotels. I'll let you know how that goes.

I was able to unload another book from my Bookins list...YAY! And I have two items coming to me, the book Eats, Shoots, and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation. I've been wanting to get this book for a long time. I've heard it's hilarious. And maybe it will help me be a better writer...LOL. I just had to include an image of the book cover because it cracks me up! I'm also getting a Spanish Level 1 (Learn in your Car). Well, we don't have a car, so I'm assuming this will be Spanish Level 1 (Learn in your cocina). It should be a hoot anyway!

No comments: