Thursday, March 6, 2008

Christian Siriano, you're UBER-FIERCE!


If you're a fan/viewer of Project Runway, you'll know what I'm talking about. Last night was the finale of the reality show that pits fashion designers against each other with the prize being $100,000 to start their own line, a new car, and a photo spread in Elle magazine. This season's winner, Christian Siriano was arrogant, a bit of a punk and his kooky "do" got on my nerves sometimes. But he did grow on me as the season wore on and his designs were, as he'd put it....fierce.... except for that one hideous prom gown!!! AAACK. I was actually surprised that he'd made it past that episode, but in the end, glad he did. His final collection was, for lack of a better word, a bit "samey", but the way he pulled it off, was WOW. I'd love to see if his collection will ever translate to real people, in the real world. Whatever though, for this 21 year old wunderkind, it is definitely HIS time now.

No comments: