Friday, March 7, 2008

Bleurgh...

I've got the gunks. And I'm blaming my husband 100% because he's been carrying the nasties around for weeks and weeks now. My throat hurts, my glands are swollen, I'm cold, my nose is simultaneously runny and stuffy, my ears hurt, and I'm tired because I didn't get enough sleep. blllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Ok, that's my whine-fest for the day.

I have a co-worker who always says it's a "mute" point. hahahahahaha That cracks me up. If it's mute...I shouldn't have to hear about it, right? That's the way I figure it. It got me to thinking about some of the funny things that people mis-say (is that a word?) Another favorite is "for all intensive purposes" or "for all intense and purposes". Teehee! Don't forget "all-timers" disease. One I ran across the other day was "I could care less", which really SHOULD be "I couldn't care less", unless they actually meant it really wasn't all that bothering. I think I make that gaffe occasionally, oops. I know there are loads of them, and I can't think of anymore right now. It must be because I'm all clogged up.

1 comment:

falcozappa said...

Hey, its not MY fault. Allergies aren't contagious :o)