Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In My Life

Arrrgh, just before I left for work this morning I heard one of those commercials for a radio station....93.9, LiteFM. Eeeesh. They give a sampling of some of the tunes one might hear if they tune in and one that play is Dido's Thank You, and now I've got that stupid song running through my head endlessly. It was one of those songs that was played ad nauseum on radio stations toward the end of the 90's I believe. "And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii want to thank you, for giving me the best days of my-yyyyy liiii-ee-iiife." I'd try to find a link to it so you too could enjoy the tune, but I don't want to do that to you....my lovely reader(s). It's bad enough when you get a song running through your head all day and it's a song that you actually like, but one that's just annoying...grrrrrrrr. I vow to never listen to 93.9 LiteFM, if this is the stuff I'd run across.

Anywhoooo, this got me to thinking about the conversation I had with the Hubs last night about favorite bands and such like. You see, the Hubs has also started blogging again and is using his blog to talk about his favorite bands....100 of them to be precise. Each week he'll give us his next in the list (starting at 100....oooh, and as a preview he told me #100), along with album info, songs we should try out if we've never heard of them, etc. I'm not surprised that he can come up with 100 FAVORITE. I couldn't come up with 100 period. Well, yes I could, but certainly not favorites. So we talked about what my list of top 10 would be. Much more manageable for me, but even then as I was forming my list, I was like...eeek...I've only got one spot left, who do I give it to??? Maybe I need a list of 20 afterall. But nevertheless, my list is as follows, in no particular order, except that #1 is definitely #1.

#1 The Beatles
Guns N' Roses
Bon Jovi
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Rush
Rolling Stones
Michael Jackson (ok, this is BEFORE he went all freak-a-zoid on us)
Jimmy Eat World
Beach Boys

Yeah, I need another 10, so I can put Motley Crue, Dream Theater, Chicago, Simon & Garfunkel, Bruce Springsteen, Journey, Cheap Trick, Kaiser Chiefs, Bob Dylan, Reo Speedwagon. oi, I'm out of space again....LOL

So for today, to try and get that Dido nonsense out of my head, here's a video clip of my favorite Beatles song... enjoy!

No comments: