Sunday, May 4, 2008

Back in da groove...

Ok, I took a little blog break there. It wasn't too long, but I actually had a reader poke me and say hey...get moving. Maybe I just didn't know what to say.

Anywhoooo, take a look at the flowers growing on the plant in my living room. These are the funniest flowers because they don't look real. They look like a little plastic clump, almost feel like plastic, and strangely enough, they pop out of the plant upside down and under the leaves so you don't see them sometimes until they are in a full bloom. This is the first year this plant is blooming for me. The plant was started as a clipping for me from a co-worker last year and I was hoping to get flowers this year....YAY!!! It's one of those great, throw som water at it occasionally and forget it plants and it LOVES bright, bright sunshine, which I get a LOT of in the living room window. I get so much that other plants just can't take it, plants that grow wild outside cant'take the excessive sunlight.

This week in the mail I received my book club book for May. I didn't know it was going to be 455 pages and with tiny print! I thought aaack, how am I going to finish this one on time if I just read it on the bus. Well I picked this book up on Thursday morning and couldn't put it down. I finished it Saturday afternoon, ignoring the bedroom that needed straightening and eating a sandwich while reading it. The book was Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. WOW, was it compelling, sad, thought provoking, even a little suspenseful. It's the fictional account of a what leads up to and occurs in the aftermath of a highschool shooting in a small town. I highly recommend it. I have two other Jodi Picoult books which I look forward to reading.

No comments: